Friday, November 16, 2012

Give Thanks

The holiday season is upon us! I love the holidays. I think that Thanksgiving is my favorite, just because I get to see basically my entire extended family. I have a super small and close family and I love it.

Last night was Vista Lights with a tree lighting. It was so fun. It wasn't New York City at Rockefeller Center but it still got me in the Christmas spirit.

I was super close so it's a bad angle and then forgot to get a better picture.

I finally finished and put up my Give Thanks banner. I started it a few weeks ago but then didn't have all the materials to be able to hang it up.

I thought I would post a little tutorial so you can make one of your very own!

I saw a pin on Pinterest that had all the letters to print for a banner. I did not like the font of the letters or the color, since I wanted it to be fallish...SO I used that as a template for the background.

I printed one letter on cardstock as a template and then traced it onto Thanksgiving scrapbook paper. I got a Holiday pack of super cute scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby for $8. I can't wait to use it for other holidays!

I used Word to create a smaller triangle for the letters. Then WordArt to place the letters in the triangle. If you would like me to send you the document, comment and let me know and I'll send it to you.

I then cut out the letters and glued them on to the scrapbook paper.

To hang it up, I used twine and the mini clothes pins. The regular sized ones were too heavy and made it fall forward.

Here is the finished product :)




Happy Holiday Season!

xoxo

1 comment: